Edit Template HTML -> switch skin

Guest Michael

Oftentimes when making changes to your site (say, for installing a mod) and you have multiple skins, you have to make changes to the skin templates on all skins. To do this right now you go to the skin manager, select your skin, select the Edit Template HTML section, and make your change. Then you have to go all the way back out to the main Skin Manager page to do that same thing to your second skin. Since there is already a dropdown on the Edit Template HTML page for the other stuff you can do to the skin such as the board wrappers, macros, and stylesheet, how about adding another dropdown that will let you do the same action you're currently doing (such as editing the template HTML) but switch the skin you're doing it on? Does this make sense at all?

Yes it makes sense to me. I've always hoped for a better system for editing skin templates, as, like you said, when installing a modification some require the editing of one's skin template which is fine for one skin but for say 3+ is some what tedious. I am aware that one can put the remainder skins into a parent and just edit the parent but that isn't always necessary.

Maybe there should be a button that adds your coding to all the other templates?

That only really works if the skins are pretty close to each other as far as their HTML structure is concerned. Skins that come from multiple authors and are structured very differently wouldn't really work that way.

If they are structured very differently, how to make the changes to all other different skins? You have to change it manually one by one.

Archived